Sunday 16 November 2014

Taylor Swift 1989 Album | Review





A slightly different post from me today, exciting! I am a huge fan of Taylor Swift and when I heard she was releasing a new album, of course I had to buy it! Today I thought I would do a review of her new album and I have been playing it none stop - whether its at home listening to the CD or on my Iphone when I'm out and about!

It is, of course, a slight music style change for Taylor as her usual style is more country/pop but I really love this album as much as I do her other albums! I have to be honest, when she released 'Shake it off' a few months ago, I wasn't really sure if I liked it and was skeptical about the new album - but after I listened to it a few times, I found myself humming and singing it even when I wasn't listening to it as its such a catchy song and I love the album too!

I bought the normal version of the album but there is also a deluxe version available with three extra songs as well as a few demos and obviously there are 13 songs on the normal version as its Taylor's favorite number and her birthday date!

I think the album cover is great and the title - 1989 - is very personal to Taylor, herself, as its her birth year. As with a lot of people who have bought her album, I really love the little sleeve with the Polaroids as its a personal and unique touch and that seems to very fitting with the whole album as the cover is a Polaroid photo of Taylor and a line in her song 'Out of the Woods' refers to a polaroid photo; '...you took a Polaroid of us...'.

My favourite songs on the album - aside from 'Shake it off' (which you can listen to below) - include Welcome to New York, Style and Blank Space! Although 'I Know Places' and 'How You Get The Girl' are also great catchy songs too!

Overall, I think its a really catchy album and although is different to Taylor's usual music style - it is still very similar due to the deep personal lyrics in every songs. Definitely one of my favourite albums I have bought this year!

Do you like 1989? What are your favourite songs on the album?

Lauren x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I really want to get this, I am such a fan of taylor fashion sense but wasn't 100 percent sold on her music...I am liking the change though and love the photos, very cute xxx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is high on my Christmas List, I love Taylor!

    Chloe // chloexlogan.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

© hellomisslauren. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig